In Real Life:
- Yesterday, my sister and I surprised our mom for Mother’s Day! We went to a quintessential Wisconsin supper club, where we had steak and whisky old fashioned sweets, and it was glorious!
- Bout of Books officially starts tomorrow! I work a 24-hour shift tomorrow, so my personal kick off “officially” starts on Tuesday.
In Case You Missed It:
- Sunday Post: April 26th – May 2nd
- A Thought On Hypocrisy – Purple Hibiscus
- Top Ten Tuesday: Books I’ll (Probably) Never Read
- 6 Degrees: Elizabeth is Missing
A Little Life, by Hanya Yanagihara
Finally catching up with the times and reading this bad boy. I’ve only been able to read in short snippets thus far, but am definitely intrigued. Can’t wait to have some dedicated time this week, and make a bigger dent in this tome.
The Dinner, by Herman Koch
I’m a ways into this, and have to say the narrator is excellent, and really brings the story to life. I’m enjoying it for the most part, and am interested to see how all the clues dropped here and there will come together.
I’ve only seen random episodes previously, and the hubs and I decided to watch from the very beginning. SO. FUNNY. Also, it really makes me want to listen to Amy Poehler’s Yes Please on the sooner side of life.
Happy Mother’s Day to all you moms out there! And to all, I hope you have a fantastic week, and Happy Bout of Books! Are you read-a-thoning?
The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer.