In Real Life:
- I ended up having a busy week, with just life stuff in general, so I haven’t made as much reading progress for Bout of Books as I had hoped. BUT, if all goes as planned today, I am desperate to finish off A Little Life!
- I went through all my “To Be Read” books on Goodreads, and ruthlessly cut out ones I’m no longer interested in. I axed over 200 books, and it feels GREAT!
- The hubs and I drove up a couple of hours to my home town yesterday to surprise my Dad for his 60th birthday!
In Case You Missed It:
- Sunday Post: May 3rd – 9th
- Definitely No Dawson Naiveté Here – The Life and Death of Sophie Stark
- Readathon | Bout of Books 13.0
A Little Life, by Hanya Yanagihara
This is an exceptional book, and also one I’m MORE than ready to finish. I plan on fully reviewing this, so watch out for that. No, really, watch out – this book is a swift, hard kick in the feelings. And then when you’re down, it’ll kick you again. (And again, and again – you get it.).
How to Build a Girl, by Caitlin Moran
If you’ve been following along with my BoB updates, you will know I finished The Dinner (intense), and now am getting back to this. I only have about 25% or so to go, so it shouldn’t take me too long. I’m debating between listening to Spinster or Yes Please next, so give me your vote in the comments to help me decide!
Currently (Still) Watching:
Parks and Recreation (season 2)
Loving it still. The episode where the team goes hunting, and Amy Poehler spouts off all this stereotypical “female” stuff about being “hysterical” and whatnot is priceless.
Gilmore Girls (season 2)
Depending on whether or not the hubs is around, determines which show I watch. He’s not the biggest fan of GG, but to his credit, he’s probably seen all the episodes WAY too many times now, in the years he’s known (and loved!) me. 🙂
Insert here something about the weather, and how I want it to be warm and sunny! What do ya’ll got going on this week? How did your Bout of Books go?
The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer.