Top Ten Tuesday is a book meme created by The Broke and the Bookish, with new topics posted every Tuesday. I plan on playing along sporadically if I like the topic, and feel I have something to add to the conversation.
Today’s topic is Top Ten Book Related Problems. If you like to read, especially if you like to read a lot, you may be familiar with some of these issues, and may even spend way too much time thinking about said issues, and they may even keep you up at night on occasion. That may or may not happen to me… Okay! – enough blabbering… I think I need some coffee…
- There are so many books I want to read! What should I read next? Cue paralyzing indecision.
- A book I REALLY want to read has 50+ people on the holds list at the library, and I don’t want to spend $30 on the hard cover. What to do?!?
- I have so many books on my TBR pile… but then hear an amazing review on a completely different book, and proceed to obsess over it until it can become mine, either bought or borrowed, to devour immediately!
- I have to/want to work a full-time job, but sometimes all I wanna do is stay in my pajamas and READ ALL DAY!
- I’m completely engrossed in the book I’m reading, and don’t want to put it down, but cannot. keep. my. eyes. open. another. second….
- Looooooong chapters, and additionally long chapters with no natural break spots – I HATE stopping in the middle of a chapter, but if it’s like 100 pages, it sometimes becomes necessary.
- When you’re like me, and read from essentially every book genre… there’s just no keeping up.
- Books are expensive, people, and if you fly through 10+ books per month… it really starts to add up! I do utilize my local library a lot, but there’s something to be said for owning my own books – but alas, it will likely never be so unless I randomly become a millionaire.
- Finishing a book even though I don’t like it, and know it is unlikely to be redeemed in the end. But then I do the same thing the next time around, because I really hate to DNF a book.
- And my biggest problem – I will never be able to read ALL THE BOOKS.
What are some of your book related problems?